the last few months I have learned a few tweaks that will make your
Ubuntu usage much nicer IMO. These tweakes ahve been tested
on Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy using
Gnome interface. They should work on other Ubuntu distros,
but I cannot guarantee this.
As I find out more tweaks I will post them in this section.
links in new tab
instead of a new window. You can set this by going to Firefox
typing about:config in the URL entry. Search for
browser.link.open_newwindow. Give the parameter a
value of 3.
the menu font the same as your system specified font. You
can set this by going to Firefox and typing about:config in the URL
entry. Search for layout.css.dpi and set it to a value of 0.
- Note: Hardy Heron uses Firefox 3 so these tweaks are not necessary.
Appearance for LCDs
- Check out my Openoffice.org speed up tweak here.
- You can update Openoffice.org to V2.3 here. Bad fonts are a thing of the past with the newest version.
- I have found these to make Ubuntu's desktop look the best
LCD. Granted this is my opinion and you may think otherwise.
- Go to System--->Preferences--->Font.
Make sure Subpixel
smoothing (LCDs) is checked. Next click Details and make
is checked under Smoothing
Once again this is what I belive to look the best.
Give it a try.
I hope these tweaks help.